Quasi-Static Mechanical Errors
- Geometric Errors. (Error in the form of individual machine components e.g. straightness of a motion of a linear bearing.
- Kinematic Error.(Errors in an axis's trajectory that are caused by misaligned or improperly sized components.)
- External load induced Errors. (Errors in a machine caused by gravity loads, cutting loads, and axis acceleration loads.)
- Load-induced Errors from Machine Assembly.
- Errors Caused by Thermal Expansion.
- Errors Caused by Material Instability.
- Instamentation Errors.
Comments or suggestions: Contact Prof. John W. Sutherland or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
last modified 3/19/98 by email@example.com